Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shocked

I’m still in a little bit of shock.

A few months ago, when I submitted a short story for a Christmas anthology, I was hopeful, but didn’t know how much of a chance I had. Also, it’s difficult to get your head into a Christmas setting with the summer sun beating down on you. I once heard that Christmas CDs are recorded during the summer and that the decorate the recording studios with Christmas decorations to get the artists in the mood. I thought I would try something similar, so I played Christmas music in the car on my commute.

I submitted my story

And now it’s out. I’m one of five authors in a book called Hot Cocoa for the Heart, a Christmas anthology from Highland Press.

It can be purchased at Amazon or Barnes & Noble. A Kindle version is also available. I’ll hope you do me the honor of checking it out. Below is a blurb from the book. I thank you.


Five poignant stories straight from the heart. From soldiers wounded in action during World War II and Iraq, to how the aftermath of car crashes affected peoples' lives, to a dedicated woman who teaches itinerant deaf students. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of hot cocoa, and immerse yourself in their trials, triumphs and tears.

2 comments:

Keli Gwyn said...

Congratulations on your release. I have the book on my Kindle and look forward to reading your novella after Thanksgiving.

stephanieaguerrero said...

Any Christian fiction with cocoa in it must be good. I'll have to check it out.