Tuesday, January 25, 2011

When A Nine-Year Old Son Takes Over a Blog

One of the biggest joys in being a writer is reading the writing efforts of your kids. My younger son, a good storyteller, recently brought home this laminated assignment. Even with grimacing flashes of Randy Johnson and spring training in my head, along with apologies to the ASPCA, I found this story funny. So did my wife. I hope you enjoy it, too. I’ve left the story as he wrote it, though I did correct the spellings of two words.

As my wife catches misspelled words in my posts, I have no room to talk.

With that, my 9-year old, tired of me talking about him, takes over today’s post.


The Time My Bus Driver Hit a Bird

That day oh that day was one thing that I would never forget.

That day started out as any other day. I woke up. I ate my breakfast and I commuted to school. I just sat there doing boring work as always. Sheesh why doesn’t anything fun happen.

That is when I wish I never said that.

Then soon it was time to go home. I walk to the bus as fast as I could. When I got on my bus, it started to leave. Then we were in my neighborhood.

Smack!

What is that thing? I rubbed my eyes and looked again. It was a bird!

My bus driver stopped. She said, “who is making noise!?” She thought it was absurd.

She walked up to me. She said, “was it you?”

“No! You hit a bird!”

She looked out the window and saw a dead bird.

Bus clipart taken from http://www.clker.com/. This art is considered in the public domain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i had to stop by for this. *claps* good job buddy. poor birdie
;(

ronna

M.V.Freeman said...

Delightful! ;)
I see a future blogger here.
And I love his use of the word "Absurd".