Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The First Snow of the Year


My sons are happy.

It snowed in Atlanta and it couldn’t have come at a better time. Like their Dad, they’re Auburn fans. My wife would say it was forced upon them. But with school out today and also tomorrow, my boys got to spend Monday during the day playing in the snow.

They got to spend the night staying up late and watching Auburn play football.

And they spent the evening staying up late and watching Auburn football.

I’m posting this prior to the game kickoff. Hopefully, I’ll be celebrating an Auburn victory.

Either way, I’m celebrating a wonderful season…and some happy kids.


Yes, that is an igloo.







4 comments:

Keli Gwyn said...

Looks like your sons are enjoying the snow. How much did you get? How much shoveling did you have to do?

Jennifer Shirk said...

They're predicitng some snow where I am today but the amount predicted keeps going down. My kidlet is going to be disappointed. :)

Walt M said...

Keli, we got about 8-9 inches.

Jennifer, hope your kidlet isn't disappointed.

Lydia K said...

Nice igloo! I never could make one of these well. I like the hammerhead shark sled thing too.

Congrats on getting a non-fic pubbed this year!