Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Week 7: Auburn vs. Arkansas

Week 7 pits Auburn against one of its annual pains in the a**: Arkansas. In those seasons when Auburn seems to get to LSU, they seem to fall asleep when playing the Hogs.

That won't happen this year.

Arkansas has some good players, but finds themselves in a rebuilding year. In addition, though supposedly Tuberville holds no animosity toward his former OC, Bobby Petrino, but I find that hard to believe. Look for Tuberville to be pumped and to add in a few plays to make his and Petrino's first on-the-field meeting a lesson Petrino won' forget.

Predicted score: Auburn 35, Arkansas 6
Predicted record: 6-1

4 comments:

Chris said...

It's hard to know what to expect out of Arkansas. Though Petrino is a good coach, I thought they were crazy to let Houston Nutt get away. I think Auburn will win, but it will be close.

Walt Mussell said...

I thought Arkansas was crazy to let Nutt go as well. He got Arkansas to the Championship game onc every five years it seems. Though I don't see the game being close this year, I suspect this will be an anomaly.

Yoshi said...

Auburn Tigers will get the SEC championship of this season.
As Auburn is strong this year, it must be exciting for Auburn supporters.
I am also intersted in Wake Forest Deacons.

Walt Mussell said...

Yoshi,

It is my hope that Auburn wins the Championship. Right now, it's all just speculation as the first game isn't for another 24 days. I will look at the Demon Deacons as well.