Sunday, July 22, 2007

No spoiler alert needed

I spoke with my younger sister earlier today. She was trying to confirm what time I would be coming for dinner. After setting a time, she asked what was a surprising question, "Does Harry Potter live or die?"

I told her I did not have a clue. She was in disbelief, wondering why I had not turned to the end and found out the answer everyone wants to know. I told her I could wait until I had finished. Knowing that I am a fast reader, she wondered what was taking me so long. "Well...the book is nearly 800 pages," I said. "It's taking a little while". "Well, you've had it a day," she commented.

Yes, I had had the book for a day. My boys and I had gone to a Harry Potter party on Friday night, acquiring the book about 12:30 a.m. Saturday morning. I had slept little, rising before 5:00 a.m. because I had several commitments yesterday. I fell into bed exhausted, and then rose this morning to attend church, followed by mowing the lawn. I had 200+ pages left and would get to it as soon as I could.

"OK" she said, "Dinner's at 6:00. You can tell me what happens to Harry when you get here".

No comments: