Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Countdown Continues

Today, we officially got one week closer to two anticipated events. We have seven weeks left until the start of the Auburn football season and we have one week left until Book 7 of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out. I promised the boys to take them to a Harry Potter party at a bookstore close by. We will go on Friday night, hang out until midnight, and pick up one of the first copies that the store sells. In anticipation of the book debut, my immediate family became one of the many that took in the opening week of the fifth movie in the series. My boys loved it.

Also, as I mentioned, there are seven weeks left until Auburn's football season begins. The opener is against Kansas State. I don't know if Auburn has ever played K-State before. There have been a couple of match-ups against Kansas, but the when of those escapes me at the moment.

Following K-State, Auburn has a home game against South Florida. If any team could surprise us and bite us on the a--, it's South Florida. They play good teams tough and can be as annoying as Fresno State is every so often.

The Auburn coaches finished up their vacations and came back to work this week. According to articles I have read, the plan for the first four games is already in place.

At this time of year, I spend a lot of time going on to sports websites, looking to see where Auburn is ranked. The team is expected to be in the Top 20 by most accounts. After the polls come out, I will do an estimate and see where we are.

No comments: